Many thanks to those attended the Business Against Crime meeting.
Minutes and Actions from the last meeting
• No actions to update
Southend City BID Crime and Safety Updates – Scott Dolling
• Settled regular team after some personnel changes
• Four regular rangers and three relief to cover absences
• Joint training activity with police and council
• Increased successful recovery this month – over £5k
• Rangers offering training on use of shopsafe radio
• Street lighting issues been raised with Cllr Courtenay
Council Community Safety Team updates - Dan DeBond
8 Fixed Penalty Notices issued relating to cycling, begging other anti-social behaviour since November meeting.
Safe Space initiative will continue with Gazebo presence in High Street accompanying police and street pastors.
Joint work with Police and BID rangers continues to add consistent approach
Police Town Centre Team update – Carlie Boitoult
One of the shifts are currently working on 2 prolific offenders: an aggressive beggar who targets vulnerable people. He is currently on police bail until 19/2/24 and will be charged with 2 offences. He should be remanded to court, where a Community Banning Order will be requested. The other is a homeless male who commits ASB. He is due to be arrested very soon for a theft/fraud and numerous CBO breaches.
Op Raker, which was put together by PS Wells has 2 officers who deal with prolific offenders. They have been a huge success. Since the start of December 2023 they have processed and convicted 10 offenders for over 100 offences.
AOB There were no issues raised.