Hares About Town Corporate Volunteering
About Hares About Town
Hares About Town is a spectacular public art event in partnership with Wild in Art, that will weave its way across Southend on Sea from July for 10 weeks in 2021. Hare sculptures, each one individually designed by an artist and sponsored by a business, form a free, fun, family-friendly trail of discovery for local people to explore and enjoy!
About volunteering with Hares About Town
Havens Hospices are looking for Volunt-Hares to engage with trail-goers, acting as a positive and enthusiastic Ambassador for the Project and the Charity.
The trail runs from 1st July until 12th September, they are looking for corporate volunteers to give a commitment of at least two four hour shifts during this time period. The trail runs along Southend town centre, from the council offices, along the high street and just off it, then on to the seafront.
Havens Hospices are looking for volunteers to give their four hours between 10am-2pm or 2pm – 6pm on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday during the trail
The role involves
· Engaging with trail-goers acting as a positive and enthusiastic Ambassador for the project and the charity
· Directing trail-goers to find their way around the trail
· Answering any questions that trail goers may have
· Handing out trail maps to trail-goers
· Checking on the sculptures during the trail to ensure they are clean and well maintaining. In addition, checking for any damage to the sculptures, reporting any issues to the charity
· Providing leaflets to people about the charity as requested, i.e. about fundraising, volunteering, care services
· Undertaking any other reasonable duties that maybe designated by the Fundraising Team
For this role you will need the following skills
· The role does involve walking, so a good level of fitness is needed
· Good communicator, confident talking to and engaging with people
· Ability to represent the charity positively and have a patient and tolerant nature
· Own a mobile phone, that can be used to report any issues
· Friendly and outgoing personality
· Common sense!
· Aged 18 plus
If you are able to offer a minimum of two four hour shifts for the trail, please complete the below attached registration form.